Thursday, September 11, 2008

Barack Obama appeared on the “Late Show” with David Letterman

Barack Obama
Democratic Presidential hopeful Barack Obama appeared on the “Late Show” with David Letterman in New York on Wednesday, a day after heated debate ignited over a “pig” remark some took as a slam against Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Barack Obama defended and joked about the lipstick flap calling it a part of the “silly season” in politics. “It’s a common expression at least in Illinois,” Obama said, “I don’t know about New York City, I don’t know where you guys put lipstick on here.” He went on to explain, “In Illinois the expression connotes the idea that if you have a bad idea, in this case I was talking about John McCain’s economic plans, that just calling them change, calling it something different doesn’t make it better hence lipstick on a pig is still a pig.”

But Obama later said that if he had been talking about Palin specifically, that she would have been the lipstick in the analogy and not the pig.“The failed policies of John McCain would be the pig. I mean just following the logic of this illogical situation.”Letterman asked Obama if he had actually ever put lipstick on a pig, to which Obama said no, “but I think it might be fun to try.”

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP