Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Laura Marling Performed at Union Hall

Laura Marling
On Friday of last week, UK teen phenom Laura Marling played the downstairs room at Union Hall before an attentive audience filled with music industry types, ex-pats and bloggers (well, at least four that I knew of). Personally, I thought she had great songs, but at this point in her career, her stage presence still needs a little work. She’s only 17, so I guess this will come with time, but for starters, she needs to stare at the invisible music stand a little less and try and connect with the audience a little more. I’m sure you’ll hear more from Laura in the future,her debut album drops on February 4, 2008.

YES, Laura Marling has dreams about friends being junkies and inflicting ‘kicks that burn.’ Homegirl has a dark side and it’s a bit uncomfortable at times. She’s young and fresh faced enough to sport her Mickey Mouse sweatshirt in a seemingly irony free manner, but then she stops blinking and starts spinning lyrics that talk about sex and hands on her throat and faces pushed into walls and broken dolls.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP