Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lauren Nelson Is Smarter Than a Fifth Grader

Lauren Nelson
"I’m Lauren Nelson. I’m Miss America, and I am not smarter than a fifth grader.” That’s what Oklahoma's own Miss America just said on national television as she won $175,000 on the Fox game show, “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” But she proved she is smarter than a group of fifth-grade opponents.She won $175,000 by answering a math question correctly and then realizing she probably didn't know the correct answer to the next question worth $300,000.The $175,000 question was a fourth grade math question: What is the greatest common factor of 12 and 36?

"I know this. I'm confident," Nelson said. Then, slightly tilting her tiara-adorned head and wavering just a second, she said, "I'm going to go with my gut and go with 12 and lock it in."Her opponents, all grade-school children, answered 12, 6, 4 and 4."Lauren, I don't know how to tell you this," host Jeff Foxworthy said. "You just won $175,000!"Nelson, of Lawton, earlier said her mother is a teacher who began grilling Nelson as soon as she learned the blonde was scheduled to go on the game show. If she gave the wrong answer, her win for the Miss America Organization Scholarship Fund would have dropped to $25,000. She decided not to risk the money by answering with her best guess: Alexander Hamilton.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP