Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Freda Payne, Thelma Houston, K.C. Casey on American Idol

Freda Payne, Thelma Houston, K.C. Casey on American Idol

Freda Payne, who I've never heard of, shows up to perform "Since You've Been Gone." [Note: Freda actually sang "Band of Gold" -- thanks to Mary Brewster for the correction in comments]. She seems old... it's a subpar performance, vocally doesn't seem to be in sync with the band, and is out of breath for most of it. Wow, this is pretty bad, actually.

Thelma Houston up next, in a too-small yellow dress to sing "Don't Leave Me This Way." I feel bad for both of them--I mean, we've had Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson, Kanye West on this stage, all performers at the peak of their game. They can't help but look bad and weird by comparison; Thelma's a bit better, but it's still awkward and makes me cringe to watch.

Harry Wayne “KC” Casey, without his Sunshine Band, is up next, in a ridiculously loud red shirt. He also looks ancient and out-of-shape, clumps around on stage with a vocally-weak "Get Down Tonight."I don't know what kind of money their record companies paid American Idol to get on the show tonight, but that was just ridiculous.I have no idea why Fox thinks the audience is going to put up with a sideshow like this; it's part of their pattern of sabotaging the show with really bone-headed, random decisions. Season 7 runner-up David Archuleta will be performing live. Aside from last year's winner David Cook, Archuleta is certainly the next most anticipated alumnus from Season 7 to appear on the show this season. More on Archie in a separate post to come soon.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP