Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taylor Hicks, Natalie Cole on American Idol:American Idol Top 4

Taylor Hicks, Natalie Cole on American Idol:American Idol Top 4

Natalie Cole's the first of tonight's three guest performers, singing Something's Gotta Give. It's a fitting title for a results show, and she looks and sounds great -- she's just the kind of performer to show these five the standards that have been set for them. Even when Natalie's in a part of the song that isn't a natural fit for her voice, she makes it sound like it's exactly what she intended to do.One more Idol will bid us farewell tonight, but only after we see performances from Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks, Natalie Cole and Rat-Pack mentor Jamie Foxx.

Results —1
Ryan asks Matt and Kris to stand on one side of the stage, and Allison and Danny to stand on the other. Ryan then asks Adam which group he thinks he belongs in, and the poor guy winces. Wouldn't you? I hate when they pull this crap; it's so awkward. Adam says that based on last night, he'll stand with Allison and Danny. But no sooner does he make the trip, Seacrest pulls him over to Matt and Kris and tells him he's in the bottom three. I'm honestly shocked! I'm also shocked that Allison and Danny are safe automatically, and judging by her jaw dragging on the floor, so is Allison. But, can we talk about Adam Lambert? I thought that dude was untouchable, and I'm glad to see that he's got competition. Woo to the hoo! Can I also say a giant "ha!" to Simon? America didn't listen to him about Allison.


Natalie sings "Something's Gotta Give" and looks fantastic! Yes, she's very thin, but I gather her weight's due to her struggle with Hepatitis C. Clearly, it's not stopping her from performing (or touring this summer), so bravo! Her performance is jazzy, although the end is a little sharp. But the audience and the judges all give her a standing ovation... because she's Natalie Cole.Taylor Hicks (he's skinny, too!) is back in all his Soul Patrol glory to perform his single "Seven Mile Breakdown." It sounds exactly like every other Taylor Hicks song, which is not a bad thing. It's just his funky, bluesy, down-home kind of style. Has anyone been following Taylor's career? Seen his shows? I'm so curious. If you have, dish it up in the comments section below.

Results —2
I feel like it's my birthday, or Christmas has come early: Kris is sent back to safety! Kris and Allison are safe! Me and my unborn baby girl are doing a happy dance right now. She seems to kick a lot during this show... could it be her love of music? Or her disdain for Simon? Only time will tell.

Jamie Foxx Performs
While I'll give him props for his being a decent mentor, I cannot stand his hit, "Blame It." I might have accidentally fast-forwarded through it. Hee hee. After the song, Jamie tells Ryan that these are some of the most talented artists he's seen in the last ten years and hopes the audience continues to support them after they're off the show. Aw. Then he ruins it by plugging his movie.

Results —3
Of course, Adam is safe. Come on, you didn't think he was going home, did you? So, we say goodbye to Matt Giraud. Though he had some shaky weeks, I think that if he sticks with his jazzy, R&B-Justin Timberlake thing, he could go far. Good luck, Matt! (P.S. I love that he has tears in his eyes).

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP