Thursday, May 14, 2009

Penélope Cruz Does Sultry Burlesque Routine for New Musical Nine

Penélope Cruz Does Sultry Burlesque Routine for New Musical Nine

The upcoming musical Nine stars a roll call of Hollywood's most popular leading ladies from Nicole Kidman to Kate Hudson, but it's Penélope Cruz who looks set to steal the show.The Spanish actress puts on a racy burlesque performance in the highly anticipated movie which revolves around a film director, played by Daniel Day-Lewis, suffering from a mid-life crisis.

Cruz, who plays his mistress, slips into full seduction mode for the scene, in which she cavorts around in a basque, panties, pull-up stockings and high heels.And while her moves look effortlessly beguiling, she has admitted it was hard - and painful - work.She was left battered and bruised after shooting the scene which at one point saw her hanging off a rope.She said: 'When something like that happens, you just have to keep going and forget about any physical pain. I was dancing in the dark with one spotlight on me, so I had to be extremely alert and focused.

'There were other things to think about, so I was not in pain while dancing - I was just praying not to fall. You carry on and forget the pain, and at the end of the day you see all the blisters and bruises.'I couldn't stop crying, because I had been doing dance classes and rehearsals for so many months. It's in the film and it will be there for ever, but I don't get to do it again.'Last year Cruz joined her co-stars Kidman, Hudson, Stacy 'Fergie' Ferguson, Marion Cotillard, Dame Judi Dench and Sophia Loren in a London dance studio for rehearsals.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP