Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kanye West Apologizes on Jay Leno Show for Taylor Swift MTV VMA Incident

Kanye West Apologizes on Jay Leno Show for Taylor Swift MTV VMA Incident

Kanye West appeared on Jay Leno’s show, on the premiere episode in its new time slot, to give a sincere apology to Taylor Swift for his actions at the MTV VMA’s. He offered no excuses, and seemed deeply ashamed.The premiere episode of Jay Leno’s new show had been promoted to death, promising performances from Jay-z, Kanye West, and Rihanna. Wisely, Kanye requested the opportunity to address the issue of his behavior to the massive swath of viewers—and it worked.

As the show opened, Jay Leno didn’t begin by delivering one of his famed monologues. Instead, he brought out Kanye, who took a seat next to him. From the moment the rapper walked onto the set, his demeanor was clearly that of a man who had just taken a spoonful of media hate. He was humble and solemn, and his trademark confidence seemed a little shaken.

After a quick joke by Leno, who asked him to “tell us about your day,” he began:

“…it’s been extremely difficult, just dealing with the fact that I hurt someone or took anything away from a talented artist, or from anyone, because you know I only wanted to help people my entire life, I’ve only wanted to give and do something that I thought was right. And in this situation, I immediately knew it was wrong….it was actually someone’s emotions that I stepped on…it was rude, period.”

Leno then asks him, “so when did you know you were wrong?” To which Kanye replies, “…when I gave the mic back to her and she didn’t keep going.”

Personally, I think Jay went too far with what came next. He asked Kanye, who had just recently lost his mother, what she would have thought about his actions. That was obviously hard hitting, and caused the rapper to pause, and very nearly cry. He didn’t actually answer that question, but you could tell it led to some deep reflection.

Alright, I think it’s about time we let him off the hook on this one. He has obviously shown remorse, and even called Taylor Swift himself to apologize, which she accepted. I personally thought the outrage was WAY overblown in the first place. Let’s all get off Kayne West, and move on. What do you think?Check out the video of his appearance below.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP