Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lesley Roy Is Irish Rocker

Lesley Roy
Lesley Roy, an up and coming Irish rocker.Lesley Roy has been touted as the next “international rock sensation”. Her debut album is titled, Unbeautiful.Lesley Roy was born in 1987 in Dublin, Ireland. She is 21 years old. She cites her mother as her biggest influence, as she performed in wedding bands and introduced her to music. Lesley can play the trumpet, saxophone and guitar. Lesley is a songwriter as well, penning songs when she was just 14. The following year, she started recording demos with Rory O’Connor, a musician and local producer. She eventually inked a deal with the Independent Religion Music label. She soon impressed Jeff Foster of Jive Records, and both labels joined forces to work on Roy’s debut album, Unbeautiful, which will be released soon. It is an album two years in the making.

Of the lyrics to her music, she said:“I mostly like to write my lyrics from a personal point of view, but have found it was also useful to write from a storytelling side as well. I have observed situations and made them into my own little stories like short films. I love writing and performing and can’t wait to start playing for all the people that have showed their support…”

I love the soulful tone to her voice…and yes, she does have the rocker vibe, but at the same time you can hear the vulnerability in her music as well, just like in the single Slow Goodbye. You can listen to the track here. Yes, I think we will be seeing a lot more of this Irish beauty…

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP