Monday, November 17, 2008

Comedienne Wanda Sykes Goes Public About Wife

Wanda Sykes
Comedian Wanda Sykes confessed that the passage of a same-sex marriage ban in California has led to her be more outspoken about being gay. Despite the fact that her close friends and relatives are perfectly aware of her sexual orientation, the comedienne felt compelled to speak out after the outcome of the state vote two weeks ago to "get in their face." After divorcing her husband in 1998, many had hoped Sykes would break up Larry David's marriage and claim him for her own.

However “The New Adventures of Old Christine” star surprised a crowd in Las Vegas on Saturday by announcing that she is gay and had wed her wife in California last month. Sykes chose to share the news with more than 1,000 people at a rally outside a Las Vegas community center because of her concerns regarding same-sex marriages.

"You know, I don't really talk about my sexual orientation. I didn't feel like I had to. I was just living my life, not necessarily in the closet, but I was living my life," Sykes reportedly told the crowd, according to an account by the Associated Press.

Moreover Sykes admitted that she married her partner on October 25 during a November 15 anti-Proposition 8 rally at the GLBT Community Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The measure known as Proposition 8 was passed on November 4 by California voters, sparking an outcry from gay and lesbian activists who have taken to the streets and the airwaves in protest.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP