Wednesday, November 12, 2008

George Strait Wins Two Awards In Country Music Association Awards(CMA) 2008

George Strait Winner of Country Music Association Awards(CMA) 2008
Kenny Chesney won his only award of the night, but it was the biggest award of the night - Entertainer of the Year - at the 42nd annual Country Music Association awards."As much as tonight is about awards, I really believe that being able tos tand up here is more about great songs. It's more about the fans. It's more about being on stage every stage in front of a lot of people every night that make it happen...This is my fourth time standing up here, and I'm really humbled, and I really appreciate it." He then proceeded to thank indivdual people, who have helped him.

Brad Paisley, George Strait and Sugarland took two awards apiece during the three-hour show. Sugarland's Stay won song of the year. Jennifer Nettle took the award as the writer. "I love writing writing songs and I love performing them, and I love fans coming to our shows," she said. "it's just been a gift from the beginning. It's been a gift to write."

Sugarland also won vocal duo of the year. "You never know when you get up here if you're ever going to be able to come up here again," said Nettles.Paisley won male vocalist of the year. Hethen gave fellow nominee Keith Urban a hug and kissed his pregnant wife's belly. "it's an amazing thing being at that place where they do such great things with records," Paisley said of his label.

Prior to the televised portion, Paisley took home video of the year for Waitin' on a Woman.Album of the year honors went to Strait's "Troubadour," his second win of the night. Tony Brown also took home an award as producer. "Wow," said Strait, in thanking the CMA and Brown. "I love this album, and I really appreciate everyone who bought it." He also thanked the musicians "who played on it, who played their hearts out...everybody says they have the greatest fans. I really have the greatest fans."

Strait took home the first award of the night with I Saw God Today as single of the year. In accepting the award with producer Tony Brown next to him, Strait thanked the songwriters Rodney Clawson, Montey Criswell and Wade Kirby. "You all are very gifted," Strait said.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP