Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Anoop Desai Sings "Angel of Mine" On American Idol

Anoop Desai Sings "id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5304003883368119938" />

Tonight’s American Idol sounded more like a Karaoke Bar than an amazing television show that has launched so many careers. The only high points of the night if you can call them that were seeing Neil Patrick Harris and Ted Danson in the audience! Overall I have to say the best performances had to be of Alexis Grace, Danny and Paula Abdul… I am still wondering what she really had in her coke cup.


Performances by order

Jackie Tohn - Little Less Conversation by Elvis Presley - What disappointed me the most out of her performance was that we know she can do much better and that she has a awesome voice when she uses it. If you go back to her Audition she started out with a poor vocal performance and then rose up once Simon mentioned trying another song and completely wowed the judges. Tonight however horrible is not even the word to describe how her vocal performance was. If she can’t throw her amazing voice out for the world to see except when under pressure, she should just stick to acting.

Ricky Braddy - performed a song by Leon Russel. I actually liked his performance. However his hair really annoyed me as it reminded me too much of David Cook and David Archuleta.

Alexis Grace performed Never Loved A Man by Aretha Franklin. This girl really packs a big voice in her little body. Overall the best real performance of the night.

Brent Keith was our country performance for the night and I have to say he was extremely bland with his voice and the song overall didn’t give his vocals enough work.

Stevie Wright - While I really felt bad for her as she is a beautiful young girl she sounded like she was singing to her brush in her bedroom which is where a performance like that should stay.

Anoop Desai sang “Angel of Mine” which was a hit for singer Monica. At this point of the night I felt this was one of the best performances and was really trying to keep myself awake. Overall he had a decent performance but could have chosen a better song.See Anoop Desai American Idol Song Angel of Mine Video here.

Casey Carlson - “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic” by The Police
I don’t know why she chose this song but she was very much trying too hard to make this song fit her and seem like fun. It just did not work for her at all.

Michael Sarver - performed the ever popular Gavin Degraw song and wasnt impressive on any level.

Anne Marie - I actually enjoyed this performance and felt she actually put effort into her song choice and overall performance.

Steven Fowler - really needs some help with choosing his music in the future his performance again like many of the others we heard tonight sounded like it really belonged on Karaoke Night than on American Idol.

Tatiana - Performed Whitney Houston’s “Saving All My Love For You” I already knew before she started that she was going to be like the rest she had a few high points which were nice but overall another poor performance and song choice.

Danny - Danny performed the song “Hero” by Mariah Carey. When I first heard of his song choice I seriously considered switching the channel because if it was anything like the rest of the performances I just was not impressed at all and my head hurt. I was very blown away by his performance and how he adapted to it. They definitely saved the best for last tonight.

Out of all 12 performers tonight my money is on Alexis Grace and Danny leading the way. I think it will be a very close match on who is voted off American Idol because we saw so many poor performances and song choices tonight that viewers will probably be just as confused as I was until the end of the show.Meanwhile "American Idol" voting starts Tuesday night. In addition to text voting, AT&T customers can get involved with the show in other ways. Customers should note that standard rates apply in most cases.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP