Sunday, February 22, 2009

Megan Mylan Won Oscar For Smile Pinki

Megan Mylan Won Oscar For Smile Pinki
American filmmaker Megan Mylan won the best short documentary Oscar for her movie "Smile Pinki", a heartwarming tale of a poor Indian
village girl whose cleft lip made her a social outcast.The documentary, which bagged the award here Sunday, traces Pinki's journey from being ostracised to being treated like a normal girl after a social worker helped her undergo surgery.

Mylan says the happy ending inspired her to show Pinki's story. "As a filmmaker who focuses on social issue documentaries, it is rare that I get into a film knowing we're likely to have a happy ending. So, I was excited to tell the story of this beautiful hospital and a team of doctors and social workers treating their patients with such compassion and quality care and making a positive impact," said Mylan.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

All of the pictures,messages on this blog have been gathered from the internet, none of the images have been produced or scanned by me neither do I have the copyright on any of these images, The blog in no way intends to infringe on anyone's copyright. I guarantee I would remove the images immediately if it infringes anyones right. For any questions or suggestions please email me.Email :- martinalex2@gmail.com

Blog Archive

  © 0

Back to TOP